Friday, August 21, 2009

A New Curriculum

Over the summer a new curriculum was put into place. Project Lead The Way -- Gateway To Technology is a pre-engineering curriculum. Project Lead The Way is what the program is called in high school and GTT is the program for middle school. PLTW has been added to North and I think Heights this year, it already was at West. We've had some problems this week because some of the materials we needed to do the activities still haven't come in yet.

In the 8th grade you will be studing electricity and electronics during the 1st half of the semester and then in the second half of the semester we move into automation and robotics. But its not the toy robots like what we used to make with the LegoRobotics. Its more like the robots for factories.

What are do you think about the new curriculum so far? Do you have any concerns or questions?

12 comments:

JMH said...

I think it going to be fun. Because it is sounds better than robotics and. The thing that we did in sixth grade.

kcb said...

i think the new curriculum should be interesting. I have never studied these kind of things.
So it should be very interesting.

ja said...

i think its good. its good cause we're workin wit more advanced robots. unlike last year where we were workin wit little toy ones.

MATO said...

I think this new currilicum is great. more tecnology for us to learn about it. My comment is when are those maqterials going to be here.

tbr said...

I think the new curriculum at pv is very interesting because it taeches u about technology and computers.

JMH said...

I think it is going to be fun.Because it sounds better than robotics and.The thing the that we did in sixth grade.

dnd said...

so far its ok i havent notice much of a differance but the projects may prove ineresting I hope the items needed will come in soon

lmh said...

I think its going to be fun because its kinda fun and i never been in technlogy doing roboticts but second semester we are going to do robotits and sound fun.

rl said...

I dont think nothing.I don't have any concerns or questions nether.yes;i like what we are talking about technology.i don't wish we do the samething we did last year.

es said...

I think new curriculum wiil be to easy. The the other currilum was to difficult. With my parner wiil be easy the curriculum.

mgr said...

I think the new curriculum is better than the new curriculum. Like the technology is better than the old like the speakers being seperate and now its on the computer.

as said...

I think that this new curiculum will be cool beacause of allthe robot stuff.