Computers are a tool, a multi-purpose tool, and you can do all sorts of things with them. You can listen to music, play games, surf the Internet, write a paper, program a robot, edit a video,.... the list goes on and on and on. Unfortunately, the temptation to switch from the program where you are doing
workis just one short quick little click away from doing
play.
Many of you are finding it way too tempting to make that click and go to play. As a result you are now way, way behind in getting your work done. This is a very bad habit and it is extremely hard to break. School is supposed to be the place where you learn habits that allow you to succeed in the adult world, not fail. The more you let yourself make the
clickthe more often you will be tempted to do that instead of doing your work. Adults actually get fired for playing too much on the computer instead of doing their work, so this is not a habit you want to encourage in yourself.
The
clickcan be quite addictive and it is always there hovering in the back of your mind. You have to remember the computer is a tool and here at school its primary purpose is for you to do your work, not to be entertained. Those of you who think you can do both only have to look at your grade to see if you are right or wrong.
18 comments:
4/20/07
I love using the computers because we do projects. I love to use typing master because it helps me type faster. I also love this class because I have friends here. This class is also my favorite because we can search the inter net for free time.
well i guess i agree with it cause it is school and save your happy hour for home but then i dont agree with it because we can at least play music to get intertand and get our work done
There are only so much things a human can do so here is what I USUALLY do. First I do the homework I need to do then I entertain myself on the computer. I have a F in this class but I use to do that. I agree with it because work is usually more important because that is a way of getting a job. If you do then you could get a good working job.
I agree because many people do just play on the computer when they should be working. Its because working is boring and playing the games are fun. And who wouldn't rather play a games then work? I would play games and do little work probley. But making sure my boss didn't see me.
I dont know it is kinda confusing but i would say i would agree to this blog because you are right kids should not click. What they shoudn't be clicking and learning stuff that they are not suppose to learn in school.Cause school is a learning environment to learn how to get a degree and go to collage.To become a great learning person in life.
computers are not my enimies. they help me alot. I like them because you can do anything that you want. but they only problems is that if your in school you can't do anything but when your at your house that is when all the fun comes. so I don't think that computers are my worst enimy
i think that if i have music to listen to at least i can work faster and i think about what i'm doin more cause with music i'm more awake.
I agree because people rather play games then work on the computers. Who wouldn't rather play games then do work on the computer. I would rather play games then work would you?
I agree that computers could be your enemy. Computers could get tempting to make you surf the net and just play. If you just play around with the computer you can’t get your work done and you can probably fail computer class. Computers at school are only supposed to be used to do work not to play or surf the net. People don’t want to do there work they just want to play around and they don’t care if they fail class.
I think that some students do play instead of work. But then some students can work and play at the same time unless they start to get off track. Then others may do their work and then go on other websites. Buth most of the time they have two internet sites on and they work then when ur explaining something they check their personal pages and everything.
Lot’s of people play’s in the computers they don’t really do there work that is true lot’s of people should work because first you work then when you finish you can do anything in the computer that you want to do. The same at school just do your work then if you finish you can play whatever you like, like go play any games that you want to play, listen to some music, and go surf the internet. The good thing is that the things that you need to finish can be fun like to edit a video or take some pictures. The bad thing is, well everyone knows that, some people don’t like doing work in the computer but like I said all you will need to do is, do the work then when you finish you can do anything that you want so I agree that some people don’t like to work in the computers and that there grades go down in to an “F” and if you do the work it goes to an “A” and that is what some kids want.
I love the computer. I like to go to tmaster because that help me to type faster. I like to do work in the computer. I like to open programs and learn about. I love to listen music. I like to go play video games.I like to go to internet. I like the class of computer because is very fun. Other people like to go to another webside.
OK!!! well about the click situation it is not reall a good i dea to be clicking things you do not now about so you have to think about what you do before you do. Clicking is a bad habit to be doing and if you do it you could be causing some big problems and mager fee' fo you family. So dont be clickin
I think computers are great for the projects we do.
Computers do help alot but once you are too attached to it, it's actually pretty hard to stop using it. It's like an Anti-drug. Many people are getting glasses because of this reason.
While working, music isn't exactly a bother. It all depends on the stdent. Do they want to learn or not? That's they're problem.
I understand how many students are using computers as a bad habit. I actually agree on what you said, computers ARE our garde's worst enemy. Students ARE spending alot of time on the computer instead of doing school work. Being too attached to the computer can effect your grades alot, you tend to forget about school work and just place your mind to the computer.
i think coputers are a good way to work on projects.and to be updated.
I know that you can do A LOT of things on the computer. And I also know that it is hard to make the decision between work and play. Therefore I guess I agree with it, because sometimes people, hey even I, make the wrong decision when it comes to what to do on the computer. That's why I love when we can do both at the same time. That's why I like this class so much, because we can listen to music and do typing master at the same time. Or when we finish all of our work we can surf. Just giving people those options make work and play an easier decision to make.
I think that computers can be the worst enemy when you are trying to get some thing done. Because people get desraticted and they forget what they are doing.
Post a Comment