There has been a lot of discussion, both here at school and in the blogosphere (Internet blogs that are all on the same topic), about how to change what we do in school using all the new technology that is out on the Internet now. The Internet has created a huge flood of access to information. It also has created a multitude of new ways to communicate using the Web. Instead of just writing on paper, reading papers and books, and discussing with the teacher or classmates, you are able to write on web pages, read blogs from around the world, talk face-to-face (using video-conferencing) to anyone around the world, send messages to each other, work together on projects when you're not in the same room, and get advice or tutoring help from anyone, anywhere.
How could this change what we do here in the classroom?
School is all about preparing you for your future. But the future has changed considerably since your parents were in school, and the things that you study in school have not changed that much. Even in technology class that things that you do are basically the same, you just use newer programs. What skills are you going to need to help you prepare for your future, not your parent's future?
If you were going to re-design "school" how would you set it up? Remember the whole purpose of having you here is to give you the skills you need to succeed in the adult world. You also need to remember that the "real world" that you live in outside of school is not the same world that adults have. It intersects but adults have a whole lot of privileges and responsibilities that you don't. What would you change and why? What would you keep and why?
Friday, May 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
This class is pretty cool. You can do Tmaster and do projects.Right now we are doing a car project and a math project. This class is AWSOME.
well i would change the school by having more fun classes and less homework.better school lunches.
If I could re-design school I would change that we get two recesses every three hours. I would make sure the kids are having a good time when they are learning, but not out of control. I’d keep every subject and take no subject away.
The things are more inportant in the class room. I thing like my parents forget how to used technology. I would that we have more fun in the school. The kids have a good time when they are learning about things in the school. The school is more easy and you get a good education.
$o thi$ is saying that the things are parents lurnd when they went to school we are lurning the same thing, that many other things are changing but things that are parents lurnd when they went to school we are lurning now.
I would change a few things like that there was no future and we stay 16 forever...thats not the subject but still. I'm not to sure wat i would change because i have nothing i would want to change. It's like the newer the stuff the better it is. Like now we could see eachothers pics on the computer which is a plus. There is nothing i want to change that i know of or else i would have already told everyone about it. So it is way easier for us anyways even though people invent it we still getthe money and stuff.
I would re-design school by getting better bathrooms. Also I would change the school lunches. I would get teachers that respect and help students. And students would get better lockers and new books. Teachers would have better classrooms and better desks.
If I was re-design school I would I would make it to where we would only make kids use the internet for specific things. You know do it the old fashion way, pencil and paper, textbook, that kind of stuff. So that way when we are adults we know how to do this kind of stuff and not completely depend on computers and other technology.
If I were to rebuild the school of PVMS then I would make it bigger with more room in the halls because its very cramped in C hall and D hall. They should give us more time to get to class because the halls are so cramped. Also the person that gives us our lockers should look over were our classes are so that our locker is not on the other side of the school. We should be able to sit were ever we want in the lunch room, also we should be able to have ou lunch brake were ever we wont so that we can have fun on our brake.
All of the work is boring if you know something then why do you need to do it over and over agin.
I would change some of the tests because most of them we don't really need as much as others. Such as the state assessments they don't really do anything really. you always have to have a test to determine where you are in your school work. I would keep most of the teaching lessons and methods that we use because most of the teachers work well with the students at times. But mostley because of how well students learn when they're having fun at school.
the way I would design a school would make everybody have fun do what ever the kids want. But if they misbehave they will lose privaliges there will be write ups and conseqences thats all.
I understand that it is not going to change my parents future what I do in school it is going to change my future. So first I will say is I won’t be changing things at school because kids are use to use the things that school already has but if new things come like how mp3 came nobody wanted that and now everyone wants it, or a smart board for around the school inside that classes, but it will be things like a new camera that is way different then what we used a year ago or so, I will keep things like the computers because they cost a lot of money well things that people steal keep like some tables or desks.
Well this is confusing to internet is major tecnology since the, beggining of world time we have strted from rock carving and went to cell phones and emails all the time half of teen's use the comp, to communicate now days.If i was going to re build the school i would put all the nemest stuuf inside of it and it would look awesome
If i wanted to change anything with our technology then i would have to choose somethimg like to change what they block but i would only unblock a fiew things because not all things need to be blocked you know ok
I would'nt really change anything to our technology. The district block's all the inapropriate website anyways so our school would'nt really have to worryy about students going to inapropriate websites.
I see how many students write that they would make the school bigger. But what does that do??
I Would keep the size of our school the way it is and just keep getting better and better tachnologies to help us eduacate. It doesn't even have to be teachnology, It can be anything that can just help us improve.
I wouldnt really cahnge much because everything we already have is good. So why would I want to cahange it? We are luckier than most of the other people back in the old days anyways. S ome people are poor to so we are very mentally changed. Wait what does that mean? Anyways thats what I have to say.
I would make the bathrooms better
and clean them up new everything.
I will replace the hall lockers in the hall way.And get some new desks in clssrooms.
chicken loco
i liked the car project the most becus it was fun most of the time.
Post a Comment