Friday, September 18, 2009

Circuits and Resistors

We have done two labs this week. The first was finishing the Circuit lab we started at the end of last week. We built a series, parallel, and combination circuit. These are very basic circuits that you are going to see over and over again.
The second was where we learned how to read the values for resistors and then tested them to see if the value they were labeled with was close to what was actually measured. Most of the resistors we have are very small and very hard to read the values on. That is why they use the colored stripes instead of actual numbers.
How did you do reading the numbers? Did you think it was easy or was it hard for you to figure out what the colors are? Remember I have problems seeing small lines of yellow so it is not uncommon for people to make errors on this lab.

7 comments:

dnd said...

it was difficult I dindt realy know how to get the caculated resistance I felt kind-of ..stupid but the rest was easy

es said...

I have problem on some of the clors. But I figure out all the colors. And I have trobble reading the numbers. But I figure out too.

as said...

I think that this week was ok it wasnt that cool beacause als we did was measure the resistors on how many ohms they had. The ones i measured were no more than 20 ohms.

sa said...

i think that this class is cool but we need to start doin more projects you know

kcb said...

i read the numbers ok but when it came to the colors i was confused 4 a while.

lh said...

Circuit and Resistors was pretty hard to do it but the rest was easy for me cause i had my helped.

lh said...

We did the Circuits and Resistors was kinda hard for me