Friday, October 23, 2009

Compound Machines

In Science in 6th grade and then those of you who took Robotics last year you learned about simple machines. We have started a unit where you take simple machines and combine them to create compound machines. It is very important that you think about several things as you build each of these eleven compound machines,
  • What is the direction and size of the force that I put into the machine? (INPUT)
  • What is the direction and size of the force that comes out of the machine? (OUTPUT)
  • How has the force been changed between input and output?

Knowing how each of the eleven compound machines will change the forces will help you understand how they are used in the robotic designs we will be making later on. (Just like the logic gates we learned about will help you program the robots). Try to get at least one compound machine built a day or you will fall behind and not have the time you need to build the robots later.

How did you do building your first compound machine yesterday?

9 comments:

ja said...

we did great. we didn't get 2 finish it. but we did good.

dnd said...

It was a little complex at first but I think I have it down now ...much more complex than legos

as said...

This week has been really entertaining. I liked that we could put some simple machines together. The first one iI did was the universal joint.

sa said...

this class is cool and i like it

lh said...

I dont really know how to do the ''Compound Machines'' its a little bit hard for me but ill get use to it.

es said...

I build the Universal joint. It was easy to buildet. That robot turns in the same direction but change angel.

Jp said...

i like this class because it fun

rl said...

I didnt get to finish it because i couldnt find the parts fast and it was to crouded.also because we needed mr.geasland to explain to me and monica.

kcb said...

i almost finished mine but i got started a little late so i didnt get all the way done.