This last week we have learned about binary computer language and how using devices called transistors to sort the on/off signals in a circuit. When they sort the signals in a pre-set pattern they use Boolean Logic in the form of logic gates to decide what to do with the signal. This is the basis on which all computer and digital devices operate. Using multiple transistors in common according to a preset pattern is what creates a logic gate.
Modern computer processing chips have billions of these built into the layers of silicon circuits in the processor chip. We are going to be designing basic programs to perform basic operations using different types of logic gates.
How are you doing understanding how on/off signals are turned into basic decisions for a digital device?
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I understand that how it go on and off. I got a little bit of truble making the light go off and on. But I maked to work.
I get the premiss but the detail is a little bit more to takle but I KNOW Im ahead of moast if not all of my class-mates apparentlly its SO hard to type in an adress into the ADRESS BAR I swear that the people thought i was cheating or some knd of a genus when I was able to find the website and the document I think the half of them didnt even get done with the paper
i learned that in computer language 1 and 0 stands for on and off.I also learned that a computer has lots and lots of memory. I also now that every day they make chips smaller.
i understand it very good. i understand how on/off signals are turned into basic decisions for a digital for a digital device.
i think i get the subject pretty good but ive been missing for a couple of days.
last week we had to do a Logic Gates and we didnt finish it all.
i think that this class is ok?
im doing but some the things that me do are hard but u will get the hang of it.
Post a Comment