Welcome to the eighth grade Gateway to Technology class. As we go through the semester you are going to be studying two different units. The first unit, which will take most of the third semster, will be "Magic of Electrons" and the second will be "Automation and Robotics".
In Magic of Electrons we will be studying electricity and electronics. First you will try to gain an understanding of what electricity is, then we move into how we use electricity to build circuits to put it to work. Then we start studying the different electronic circuit parts, like resistors, diodes, LEDs, potentiometers, etc. and we actually build and test complex circuits. You are not just messing with little light bulbs! After that we study how you turn patterns of electric signals into commands and directions using logic gates which is what basic programming is all about.
During the fourth nine weeks we start studying compound machines building eleven different combinations. After that we start working on combining the compound machines and the programming using the logic gates to preform robotic functions. We will build all sorts of robots, but they won't be toys! Instead they will be like the robots that factories use to build and assemble things. In fact, if we get all the way through the course the last thing we do is build an actual assembly line powered by robots.
What do you think you will like the most about the class? What do you think will give you the biggest problems?
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
ya welcome back u to....
blab make this class fun and easyier MR. GEASLAND hehehe
The tech. things we will and be able to do cause i love technology.I do not think i will have a problume at all but getting shocked to death.
what i think that will give me the biggest problem is ' the drawing & remember how to do it if i dont really understand it ' what i think i would probly like about this class is making new things & learning how to do thing ' like for the example the butterfly that mr.Geasland showed us.
so when are we going to do something cool in robots like a real robot of at least a metal one.If we do can we take the robots home and can we use the power tools?
Well yea its a new semester and i realy dont know what i actully like so far in this class or wat i dont like in this class.i think in like a week or so i will know by then.
mr geasland and the computer. some times the work and the people if they distract me
I think I will like hands on tecknology. I also think I will like makeing things (because im creative!). I think I might get behind in my work (but i will do my best!)
I would like to learn new things that I don't know,how to do them and understanding them.Probably the biggest problems that I would have would be drawing and lastly planning things out.
what i like most in this class was that we will use the computers and we can play some games in the computer.The biggest problem we be to be by my onw because some words i dont understand!! ok
I think computer class is cool because we get to learn many things in the computer.
I will like the most in class is get to pick our computer and do work like typing master also get to seat next to our friends. also get to surf in the internet like hear music.what is going to couse my problem is not lerning how to use the computer well.
welcom to the eighth grade gateway to a class will people like.also going to be two different units.
i think this class is ok!
and the biggest problems are trying to get my work ternd in
I think it will like makingg all the cirtis the most. And what I think will give me the biggest problem would be remberin to keep up with all my work with out somebody reminden me to do it.
is good to tell us about the new semester
i think i will like makeing diffrent things.
The bugs we make.
Post a Comment